Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

Monday, May 10, 2010

Interior Design Exhibit

I thought that this student show was really fascinating. I don’t know a lot about interior design, so to see all of the student work put together so well was really eye opening. I had a faint idea of the calculations and multiple steps it took to put together a successful design, but wasn’t fully aware of how time consuming each of these works had to have been.

I especially liked the work by Mallory Kozakiewicz. The sublime beauty of the spatial relationships visually and conceptually activated the essential transitional quality of her work. I thoroughly enjoyed the concept models for buildings that were produced by a majority of the Sophomore class. The projects that were made of a white board to show light and shadow for a lighting class were also very interesting to me because I find the relationship between light and shadow to be quite fascinating. Chiaroscuro is by far one of my favorite painting techniques, so I really enjoy seeing light manipulated in as many ways as possible.

Finally, I did enjoy the full designs from what the building looks likes in every room, interior and exterior the most. The walls, windows, doors, finishes, textures, light and furnishings that compose a single room are often overlooked by most people, unless they’ve got a real passion or interest in interior design, are mind blowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment