Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

Monday, May 10, 2010

Upton Exhibit

Fine Arts Exhibit

I found all of the pieces to be very interesting because although for the most part, they were assignments, I felt like each brought it’s own flavor to the show. I find that fine art is where a lot of my interest lies.

My favorite piece was an extremely large group of portraits using graphite on wood. There were 40 squares, making up a rectangle that had a miniature portrait of each and everyone of her family members, and each was drawn with extreme attention to detail. What was most enticing about this piece though, was the eight squares in the center, the captured a current picture of herself, her brother, mother and father, as well as a corresponding baby picture. I don’t know why exactly this piece stood out to me so much, but it was by far my favorite piece.

Of course there were other fine pieces by many students. I really enjoyed the drawings that were recognizable from Drawing I. Remembering taking the class, and knowing just how difficult it can be to get the shading realistic when you’re first starting to learn the appropriate techniques makes me appreciate the effort that has gone into these pieces very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment